What to write in a Valentine’s card?
Yep, it’s that time of the year… Tension is building between couples ready for the most romantic time of the year, Valentine’s day! Although this day is mainly for the loved-up couples out there, this is also an opportunity to show appreciation for a friend or even romantically for someone you may like or fancy.
Although this day is celebrated by billions of people around the world, each celebration is often very different. With love being considered “infinite” (Which is probably a load of bollocks) but anyway, this means that it should be celebrated similarly for all couples. Although this may be very different between a married couple who have been with each other through thick & thin for 50 years compared to a brand-new couple with fresh love.
On Valentine’s day, we usually show our love and appreciation through Valentine’s cards & gifts but sometimes finding a gift that is meaningful or to suit your loved one can be tough. Valentine’s gifts are usually in the form of something cute or maybe just a lovely dinner. Whereas gifts are not always a must, Valentine’s cards certainly are.
This links to the above, about valentine’s being very different. Often as the marriage goes on, the high cost celebrations die off and are replaced with a deeper appreciation that is not always in the form of a gift. Therefore Valentine’s cards are so important. Materialistic gifts fade away and are often forgotten about very quickly. Unless your other half has splashed big cash on a yacht or house then maybe you may not forget about that… If so lucky you.
Whereas showing appreciation through a card with meaningful & loving wording will always be much more special. The perfect thing about Valentine’s cards is there are literally hundreds of different styles to choose from.
If your relationship features large amounts of humour & fun, then there are hundreds of funny Valentine’s cards to suit your relationship. There is no reason why you can’t be funny and show appreciation & love to your loved one at the same time. This is the same with cute or contemporary Valentine’s cards which often feature beautiful & meaningful wording on the front, you could do the opposite and include some funny messages inside.
This is what makes Valentine’s cards so special. You can make your loved one feel special by both the front of the Valentine’s card but also in the personalisation inside.
Although it is easy enough to express how we feel verbally, sometimes, putting that onto card can often be a struggle. This is where we are going to step in and help you out.
In this list we are going to cover every single possible Valentine’s recipient & some brilliant suggestions for what to say. Obviously make yours as personal as possible. Oh, we forgot to say, we are going to stick a nice range of funny & rude Valentine’s messages in too. We wouldn’t be Creased Cards if we didn’t. So, if that’s where you would rather be looking then keep scrolling past the cringeworthy ones.
Why don’t we start off with the heavily cringey Valentine’s messages that may just suit your loved one? Oh, by the way, don’t be offended if you use one of these messages and we are calling you cringey? Nothing wrong with cringey on Valentine’s day. But if you say these on a day to day basis then please stop being wet.
- “My day is not complete without constant thoughts of you. You are my one and only love. Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “I wanted to get you flowers, but I thought they might get envious of your beauty.”
- “You’re the girl/boy of my dreams.”
- “You are my sweetheart, you are my life, you are my everything…”
- “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite.”
- “Ever since the first time I saw you, I knew you would have my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day to the best wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend I could ever ask for.”
- “My life with you is like an endless romantic movie. I love you with all my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “You have no idea how sexy you are.” – We cringed massively at the thought of someone writing this seriously.
- “You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.”
- “I love you in the morning and in the afternoon. I love you in the evening and underneath the moon.”
- “I wish my words could describe how sweet you are. I’ll have to show you with my lips instead.”
- “I like to overdose on enjoyable things on Valentine’s Day such as chocolate, the smell of roses, and you!”
- “I never thought that I’d find someone that makes me feel the way you do. You’re the love of my life.”
- “We have our whole lives to love each other and I will cherish every second.” – Little do they know half the time you will probably find them completely annoying & kind of hate them. New couples, they think its all loved up 100% of the time.
- “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.”
So, all of those are fairly cringey? Right? A lot of those loving & unique Valentine’s messages might be the right choice for you but if not, then we have way more to come that may be to your liking.
If you would rather your Valentine’s day message be much simpler but keeping the loving Valentine’s appreciation, then check out our next list. We expect a much less cringe-worthy reaction to these next Valentine’s messages., although we find pretty much all cute/sweet Valentine’s messages a little cringe
- “Happy Valentine’s beautiful/gorgeous etc. (or replace with a pet name/nickname)”
- “I’m so excited to be sharing our first Valentine’s Day together. I hope it’s the first of many…”
- “Wishing the sweetest, happiest day to my love”
- “You are and always will be my best friend”
- “You mean everything to me. Happy Valentine’s Day to my one and only.”
- “You make me so happy / You make me smile.”
- “Thank you for always being there.”
- “The best thing about my life is sharing it with you.”
- “I love you more than you could possibly know.”
- “I’m so lucky to have a Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Husband / Wife as amazing as you.”
These were a lot easier to read, weren’t they? The above Valentine’s messages are great for every type of relationship. You can show your appreciation & love without making them cringe or embarrassing yourself a little bit. We would like to remind you that these are only suggestions to lead you
Guess what? We are done with all the sweet & loving Valentine’s messages. It’s now time to move onto something funny… And maybe a little rude towards the end.
Don’t be scared to go for a funny valentine’s message. If your other half has a great sense of humour and will most likely chuckle at the message, then go for it. Although, if you are unsure about what your loved one may prefer then sometimes it’s better to go for the simpler options which are above.
Here at Creased, we are very well known for bringing constant laughs through our cards, social media & and brand personality. So, who better to suggest some funny Valentine’s messages than the pro’s?
P.S. Some of these are a little Dad joke like or Puns so be warned. You will laugh at something you don’t want to laugh at.
- “2019 Valentine’s day To do list:
- 1. You!”
- “Standards must be pretty low, for me to go for you. Oops I mean you going for me”
- “Well I guess it’s happy Valentine’s day to me, as you are on your period?”
- “Every day I fall more in love with you. Except on those days when you really piss me off… and you’ve actually been alright today… So far.”
- “You’re actually not too bad looking”
- “I’ve shaved my legs for you”
- “You’re the French to my toast”
- “I love you like a fat kid loves cake!”
- “I use you for your money”
- “Let’s wine, dine & 69!”
We’ve included some funny Valentine’s messages that are hilariously blunt, but we think you could come up with some that are way blunter but are instead very relatable to your loved one or your relationship.
Have you ever realised how good funny pick up lines are in a Valentine’s card? They are perfect. They usually suit what you are trying to say but, In a lot, funnier and punny way.
- “Are You Luke? Cause I’m Your Daddy “
- “8 Planets, 1 Universe, 1.735 billion people, and I end up with you”
- “My doctor says I’m lacking Vitamin U”
- “You’re hotter than the bottom of my laptop.”
- “Today, your body is a wonderland and I want to be Alice.”
- “Are you an Alien? Because you have abducted my heart”
- “Are you a banana because I find you a peeling.”
Okay, you get the gist. If you want to find more funny pick up lines to use in Valentine’s cards then make sure you check out for even more.
We’ve dealt you some cringeworthy Valentine’s messages, some simple yet loving wishes & even hit you with some funny Valentine’s messages. The only thing we are missing now, is if you want something maybe a little sexual, edgy or rude? We would like to think you can make these very personal to your loved one, but we are going to give you a few suggestions of poems anyway.
If you don’t want to see some pretty disgusting language & sexual innuendos then if we were you, we’d probably scroll back to the funny or loving Valentine’s messages.
How about a couple of rude poems?
“roses are red
Violets are blue
I just really
Wanna screw you”
“Roses are red
Violets are blue
Most nights I masturbate
To pictures of you”
“Roses are red
Violets are blue
I know you like anal
Tonight I do too”
“Roses are red
Lemons are sour,
Open your legs,
And give me an hour”
We are going to leave the personal yet hilariously rude Valentine’s messages down to you. We feel like we can’t suggest something that is completely between you two. We hope you have taken some of our suggestions and have been able to twist them and make them your own.
If the rude theme suits you then you should probably check out our 10 really rude Valentine’s cards. If you like rude language and a sexual innuendo then it is definitely a post for you.
If you are still a little confused on why we celebrate Valentine’s day, then we have a lovely post explaining the meaning behind the day & a few of our cards from 2018.
We have a huge range of Valentine’s cards this year. Each coming in a unique style perfect for your loved one. If you would prefer to let the Valentine’s card to the talking then you can check out our Funny Valentine’s cards, Cute Valentine’s cards, Rude Valentine’s cards or even something traditional or contemporary.
We hope you find something your recipient will love & can find a funny or loving message to put inside of the card.
Happy Valentine’s day folks!