It is not always easy to find the right words to write inside a get well soon card, especially if it is a bad illness.
There are a lot of things to consider when writing the card. Firstly, it is important to know if the illness or injury is a bad one. If it is, it’s important to be comforting and supporting but not patronising. We expect they already have a hundred people asking how they are every day.
If the illness is not bad and simply just due to a small illness or small operation for example. This means that you could possibly joke about it and show a more happy and funny side.
Although your recipient might like to see a positive and more happy side in either type of situation. It’s just important to take their situation into account.
We don’t want you to be sitting, with the get well soon card in front of you without any words in it because you are overthinking for what to say. We want you to destress and have a snoop through some of our suggestions for what to write in a get well card.
We assume you already know the typical layout for what to write in a get well card so we won’t go through all of that.
Instead let’s get straight into our list of get well soon messages.
We will start off simple and work our way into more unique messages.
Classic Get Well Messages
- Hope you feel better soon!
- Get well soon!
- Wishing you a speedy recovery
- I miss you being around, get well soon
- Feel better soon
- Sending love and hugs
- Hang in there, things will improve
- Warmest wishes and hugs to you
- Sending you the best of wishes in your recovery
- Looking forward to seeing you back at full health
You’ve probably written or heard all of those before, haven’t you?
The above get well messages could work a treat if you don’t know the person too well. These messages show your support without having to be cheerful or sensitive to their situation.
We’re now going to dive into some more unique get well messages.
Warm Get Well Messages
- Sending you sunshine to brighten your day and warm wishes for a speedy recovery
- Missing you loads and can’t wait until I get to see you again! Get well soon!
- Don’t worry, we’ll fight this together. I know we can win! You’ll be feeling better before you know it
- Praying with you.
- I was so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Sending lots of caring thoughts your way as you begin treatment.
- Your only job right now is to get back on your feet.
- I hope these flowers bring a smile to your face and speed up your recovery.
- You are in my thoughts and prayers during your time of recovery.
- Just take it one day at a time and in no time, you will be back to full health and up on your feet again.
- Each day brings you closer to your recovery. Keep fighting!
- Thinking about you today and hoping it’s a good one for you
- Hope you feel all the love surrounding you right now
- Just wanted to remind you how important you are to me. All my thoughts are with you.
- You’re in all our warmest thoughts as you recover from your accident/illness
- I look forward to your fast recovery so we can spend more time together!
- Recovery is a process. It takes time, it takes patience, it takes everything you’ve got
- Wishing I could take away all your pain, and sending all my love
- You’re one of the strongest people I know – Keep fighting!
- I hope this message lets you know how much we care and will be thinking of you. Wishing you better health
What do you think? The above get well wishes would definitely be better for a close loved one who is going through a serious illness or injury.
We obviously advise you personalise these to suit your recipient’s situation.
Now that we have shown you the more serious get well messages, its time to move onto the funny get well card messages.
Funny Get Well Soon Messages
- Get well soon. I can only be nice to you for so long.
- Your stupid illness is ruining all my attention. Get well soon.
- Get better soon or I’ll break your leg/arm/etc again.
- Get well soon. We can’t keep paying you sick pay.
- I know you wanted some time off work but this was a bit extreme!
- What a waste of a sick day… You should use them for when you’re hungover!
- Don’t rush back, no one likes you
- Are you sure you haven’t just got an STD?
- I am only giving you this get well card because it’s morally expected in our society…
- I didn’t really care; it just gave me an excuse to leave the house.
- Medicine can fix your pain but cannot fix your ugly face.
- Your mum told me you were sick, so I bought some get well chocolates. But, I ate them…
- I am giving you this card so that I can say this whilst still keeping a safe distance.
- I am hoping you get better soon. Not for yourself but I need you back.
- Remember to milk this while you can – cos you’ll be all better soon enough!
- Why are you complaining? You laying in bed watching TV all day is what you always want to do?
- I will be using your belongings and borrowing some money whilst you are out of service.
- You are sick. When will you die? Just kidding! I hope you will be better soon!
- Funnily enough, I am really missing how annoying you are. It doesn’t feel the same
- The only thing I’ve missed is you doing everything for me. Can you hurry up and get better now please?
- The doctor says you are on a soft diet right now, which is good as I have eaten all of your nice food back at home
- Take all the time you need to recover. Your work will be here whenever you feel better. It will just be piled up extremely high on your desk.
- Feel better! But in the meantime, keep a safe distance please.
- Get well soon so we can make fun of you again and not feel bad
- Studies indicate that those who receive get well cards have an 80% faster recovery rate.
Those were much more cheerful. Don’t you think?
Those get well wishes are perfect to keep someone feeling positive and to keep them laughing whilst they are not feeling great.
It is important to boost their mood and get them feeling positive. If the funny get well messages were a little too “innocent and nice” for your recipient, you should definitely keep reading…
Now it’s time for our Rude & Offensive get well messages
Rude Get Well Soon Messages
- I always knew you were sick… but not in this way
- Sorry you feel like shit…
- I hope you get better soon; I don’t have the money or time to attend a funeral at the moment.
- You look like a sack of shit, get well soon
- Get well soon. Too bad there is no cure for being a cunt
- Can you get better asap please? I want to fuck
- Am I in the will? If so, can you just die now please?
- Look on the bright side, at least it’s not herpes
- Don’t rush back to work, everyone thinks you’re a cunt
- Be careful next time, you clumsy prick!
- Sorry you feel shitty
- Man the fuck up
- Well, it can’t all be sunshine and hookers. Get well soon!
- I hope you’re soon feeling yourself again! Not in that way…
- Here’s hoping the worst part of your surgery will be wiping your shit with your weaker hand
- Feel better soon. I would visit but I don’t really give that many shits
- Get well soon – headstones are really expensive!
- Hurry up and get better. Work is fucking boring without you
- Fuck off with your illness. I want my attention back
- I hate having to be nice to you. I want to go back to taking the piss out of you. Get well as soon as possible please.
Are they more suited to your sense of humour?
Be careful about using these get well soon messages if someone is in a more serious situation.
Does that help you for what to write in a get well card?
Check out our great selection of get well soon cards!