Are you always stuck on ideas for what to write inside your Christmas cards? We’re the same!
Here are the recipients we cover in this article
- Classic Christmas card wishes
- Christmas wishes for Brother & Sister
- Christmas wishes for parents
- Romantic Christmas Wishes
- Funny Christmas wishes
- Rude Christmas wishes
Whether you’re sending a Christmas card out to a load of work colleagues or maybe it’s a special Christmas card for a family member or loved one? Either way, we always purchase a card and then sit there without a clue for what to write inside the Christmas card.
The type of message you write inside your Christmas card will depend on your recipient. You won’t be writing something rude in a Christmas card to your Mum will you? We hope not. You have got to think about what you write so that it can be special and unique.
We all struggle with our Christmas wishes, so we thought we would bring together a nice list of some of the best wishes you can put in a Christmas card.
Classic Christmas card wishes
- · Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- · Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and happy holidays. (and lots of presents)
- · Hoping you can feel love, joy, and peace this Christmas season.
- · Happy Christmas
- · Merry Christmas with lots of love.
- · The [insert name here] family wishes you and all those close to you a joyous holiday season and a new year filled with happiness
- · Wishing you peace, love and laughter this holiday season
- · Have yourself a very merry Christmas… and an amazingly awesome new year!
- · We hope you are surrounded by beauty and comfort this Christmas season.
- · I hope you are reminded of all the most important things in your life this Christmas. Merry Christmas!
- · May your family have a holiday season that is full of wonderful surprises, treats and nonstop laughter.
- · Happy Holidays! I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true.
- · Wishing you lots of love this Christmas
- · Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the happiness this holiday
You might be looking at all of these thinking “I have read these messages a hundred times over…”
Exactly, these are considered the boring and generic Christmas wishes. These types of messages make you completely skip the reading just to find out who’s stuffed £10 in the card (if the money didn’t already distract you).
Another issue with the generic Christmas wishes is, well, they are generic and impersonal. One way you can personalise these Christmas messages is to make them directed towards family members. This can be done by either mentioning the family member by doing something like this… “Wish a merry Christmas to the best auntie around!” or you could come up with something sweet and meaningful.
We thought we’d help you out of course!
Christmas Wishes for Family
- · You can’t choose your family, but even if you could, I’d still choose you. Merry Christmas! Looking forward to spending some time with you this Christmas.
- · Having parents like you is the best Christmas gift there ever could be.
- · So glad we’re family…and so grateful for all the great Christmas memories we share.
- · We’re going to have so much fun this Christmas! I can’t wait to cook up a storm and then feast like there’s no tomorrow!
- · Your support over the last year has meant the world to me. Thank you for showing me the true meaning of family. Happy Christmas!
- · I’m so thankful to have been blessed with such a wonderful family who I can share this Christmas with!
- · I hold a special place in my heart for my family, the greatest gift of all. Let’s get smashed this Christmas!
- · This time of year, I’m especially grateful for a family like you.
- · I couldn’t hope for more at Christmas than a holiday surrounded by the family I love.
- · Family is what Christmas is all about. So grateful for you!
As you can tell from the Christmas wishes above, these are all directed at families. This is brilliant and all, but these wishes don’t include the personalisation of directing them at a singular family member. When writing to your Brother, Mum, Grandparents or your Husband, this is where it can become that slight bit harder. Here is our extensive list of Christmas wishes for family members.
Christmas Wishes for Brother & Sister
- · Happy Christmas Bro/Sis! Thanks for annoying me my whole life
- · Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. To my dearest brother/sister, Hoping this card lights up your holiday season!
- · For My Brother/Sister, Merry Christmas. As children, we spent every Christmas together. I couldn’t be more glad to be spending it with you again this year
- · For My Brilliant Brother/Super Sister, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Hoping this holiday season bring you everything you wished for
- · I hope you’ve bring lots of alcohol this Christmas – We’ve got Mum & Dad to deal with
- · I hope Father Christmas is good to you this year, even if you didn’t make it to the nice list again. The better sibling is always treated the best
- · You’ve seen me good, bad, and in between. And you’ve stuck with me all that time. Sure, maybe it’s because we’re related and you have no choice. But still, I appreciate it. Merry Christmas Bro/Sis
- · Brother/Sister, we are definitely siblings. Anybody can see that we are both the creme de la creme.
- · Hope you’ve been working on those stinky feet. I would hate for Santa to pass you by because he can’t take the smell! Merry Christmas!
- · You’re great..because you’re SO MUCH LIKE ME!! Merry Christmas!
- · To My Brother/Sister, Nobody could replace you. Trust me; I could never give up rinsing you 24/7. Merry Christmas!
Christmas wishes for parents
- · Merry Christmas To My Wonderful Parents
- · Dear Mum & Dad, Wishing you a happiest and joyful Christmas! Merry Christmas!
- · Dear Parents, I wish you a very happy Christmas and holiday season. I hope you enjoy this day and every day of your life to the fullest. Love you.
- · I think of you always, Mum and Dad, especially during the holidays. I hope you have the best Christmas ever. You deserve it.
- · When I think about Christmas, I realise the best gift of all is two as my parents. Have an amazing Christmas!
- · I know I have been a pain at times but thank you for all the amazing Christmas’ you gave me as a child. Merry Christmas!
- · Very grateful for all the Christmas’ you gave me, I hope I can do as well as you done for your grandchildren.
- · I can’t believe that I’m lucky enough to have you guys. Have a wonderful Christmas!
- · Finally, I can spend Christmas with the most amazing parents on the planet! We’re gonna have so much fun together, as we always do. Merry Christmas
- · Dad, are you ready for a big surprise? No? Then it’s time to do that! I promise that this Christmas will be the best Christmas ever. Be ready for everything!
- · Do you remember Christmas when I was a child? It was amazing, I wish we could go back!
Romantic Christmas wishes for your partner
- I am so lucky to have you, Merry Christmas my love!
- Spending my Christmas with my soul mate is all I’ve ever wanted. Let’s have an amazing Christmas
- Your love is the best gift I could have asked for! Merry Christmas my wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend
- Christmas is always so special because we spend it together. Merry Christmas, darling!
- Beyond any other gift I could receive on Christmas, you are the best! Merry Christmas!
- Of all Christmases that have gone before, this one will be the best because you are here!
- The most important decoration I need for Christmas is mistletoe! I’ll use any reason to kiss you!
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year. And you are most wonderful part of my life -whether it’s Christmas or any other time of year!
- Merry Christmas. Christmas is more special now that you are in my life and I look forward to many more holidays together.
- Merry Christmas. There is no one in the world I would rather be with on Christmas day than you. I love you with all my heart.
We think they are lovely, although, are a little on the wet side… It’s time to head into much more enjoyable waters…
Funny cards are easily the most popular selection in the UK. We absolutely love a good joke! In fact, the UK is well known for having a very unique sense of humour… Other nations just don’t understand some of our jokes.
Therefore this year we want you to be writing the funniest Christmas messages your recipient has ever seen! Make sure they are different and absolutely hilarious!
Funny Christmas Wishes
If you’re going to buy one of our funny Christmas cards, we expect you’ll want the message to be as funny as the card? Why don’t you try a couple of these crackers…?
- · I would say all I want for Christmas is YOU but, I could really do with some money
- · For Christmas, I got you pants with an elastic waistline that you can wear through January. You’re welcome.
- · Christmas is supposed to be a happy time of the year. How can I be happy when I have spent all my money on presents for you?
- · People Say Santa isn’t real, where is the proof that he isn’t…
- · So, it’s Christmas again, another extended holiday to drink as much as you can without worrying about going to work and other things that need your sober attention.
- · I’m trying something new this Christmas. I’m going to wrap myself up and sleep under the Christmas tree, so you’ll finally understand what a gift I am to you.
- · I hope the holidays find you in good spirits! And by spirits, I do mean alcohol.
- · If I had to between you and Santa. I’d probably choose you, only for the fact that it’s extremely weird how some old guy breaks into my house to give me gifts. If he wasn’t old, I’d choose him…
- · Merry drunk! I’m am so Christmas!
- · Santa saw your Facebook – you’re getting a dictionary this year!
- · I hope your December 25th is amazing this year. If you have an awful day on December 27th, that’s alright. It’s really just the 25th I care about.
- · Merry Christmas to someone who’s definitely not on my “nice” list!
- · Wishing you whatever jingles your bells!
- · Money is scarce, times are hard, but I still managed to get you a Christmas card. So bloody enjoy it!
- · Do you know why this Christmas card is so wonderful? Because it isn’t an email and it isn’t a text.
- · Can I please have your picture so I can show Santa what I don’t want for Christmas?
- · “You can never get too many lynx sets at Christmas” – Donald Trump
- · “My favourite Christmas gift to receive is a pair of socks” – The Queen
- · Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year
- · There’s snowbody like you, Happy Christmas!
- · Get your fat pants ready, it’s Christmas… oh wait! you’re already wearing them
- · Here’s to a season filled with amazing food and alcohol!
- · This Christmas, may your family be functional and all your batteries be included.
- · Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small.
- · The best thing about the holidays is getting to catch up on sleep and TV shows. Not to forget the food… Enjoy!
- · Why is it so difficult to think of what to write in a Christmas card?
- · I enjoy my time with you at Christmas almost as much as I enjoy my time shopping for your present, which brings me little enjoyment
- · It’s time for our ugly sweaters. It’s Christmas time!
- · The most beautiful part about Christmas is that it’s the last day of all the holiday stress.
- · You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.
There are some funny Christmas wishes you could stick in your Christmas card this year. If you do want to write a nice Christmas message but still include something funny in the card somewhere, why not include a joke?
Get your recipient laughing. If they haven’t already cracked up from the card itself.
Funny Christmas Jokes
Here are a few Christmas jokes you could include to liven it up…
- · What do you call a kid who doesn’t believe in Santa? A rebel without a Claus.
- · Why did Santa’s helper see the doctor? Because he had a low “elf” esteem!
- · Who hides in the bakery at Christmas? A Mince Spy.
- · What do you call an obnoxious reindeer? RUDEolph.
- · What do you call a singing elf with sideburns? Elfis.
- · Why don’t you ever see Santa in the hospital? Because he has private elf care!
- · How did Scrooge win the football game? The ghost of Christmas passed!
- · Who hides in the bakery at Christmas? A mince spy!
- · How will Christmas dinner be different after Brexit? No Brussels!
- · Who delivers presents to cats? Santa Paws!
You can find 100 more Christmas jokes over on I news…
Those are some classic Christmas cracker style jokes you could include in your Christmas cards to get your recipient giggling. All of our Christmas jokes & messages have been pretty PG so far.
How about we show you some Rude Christmas wishes & jokes? We’ll throw in some of our really rude Christmas cards too…
Rude Christmas Wishes
As for rude Christmas messages let’s go with some offensive ones;
- · Happy Christmas you CUNT/TWAT/SHITFACE/DICKHEAD etc. Let your imagination go wild with this one. Just insert any offensive word after Happy Christmas
- · I hope you get fuck all this Christmas because you don’t deserve anything nice
- · You can’t use Christmas as an excuse for your weight gain because you’re already a fat fuck
- · Sorry your present is shit, I spent all my money on alcohol
- · Santa comes once a year, just like you
- · I hate this day, I only got you a fucking card because you always get me one
If you like those, then you probably have the same sense of humour as us. Although, please be careful what you write to certain people. They may take it very badly. You wouldn’t want to spoil their Christmas.
Rude Christmas Jokes
We’ll end this blog post with a few rude Christmas jokes. If you see one you like, do not repeat it to your Grandparents or ANY children!
- · Why does Mrs Claus always pray for a white Christmas? Because she is married to a guy who comes once a year.
- · How does Santa stay STD free? His motto is – Always Wrap your package before you shove it down a chimney
- · What’s the difference between male & female Snow people? The Snowmen have snowballs
- · Why does Santa go to strip clubs? To visit all his ho ho ho’s
If you like rude jokes, we have a list of over 60 of the best rude jokes. They aren’t Christmas related but they are hilarious.
Remember, we have a handwritten card service that helps provide cards & laughs across the land! If you type into the ‘+ Hand write & Send My Card’ boxes which is next to every eligible item on its individual listing page you’ll be using our Handwritten Card Service. In the box, you can specify the text you wish us to write in the card you’re buying before adding it to your basket and then we’ll neatly write the card and send it directly to the recipient for you!
We hope you get us writing some belly tickling messages in our handwritten orders!