It is always a sad moment to see a friend or loved one move onto something new and leave you behind. Although you may be sad that they are leaving, you must congratulate them on their new start elsewhere.
- Leaving work farewell wishes
- Goodbye messages for your co-workers
- Funny leaving messages
- Leaving to have a baby messages
- What to write in a retirement card
Leaving cards can be used for many different occasions as you would expect. The most popular reason someone is leaving is usually down to a new job, moving to a different country, maternity leave or even retirement. But this isn’t limited, most of our leaving cards are general and could be used for any situation.
Due to the many reasons someone may be leaving, you will have to be unique with what you write inside your leaving card.
We understand that a lot of the time when the leaving card is related to work, you find out “Derek” from marketing is leaving and although you have never spoken to him, you are required to write inside the leaving card.
This sort of situation leads you to write a very impersonal & generic leaving message such as the messages below:
- Good Luck at the new job
- Enjoy your fresh start
- Wishing you all the best in your next chapter
- All the best for the future
- Congratulations & good luck
Have you written one of those farewell wishes in a leaving card before? Boring right?
The problem is, there’s not much else you can write in that sort of situation. But now we are going to get into the best farewell messages for your goodbye cards. We’re going to start off with the most common type of leaving message; Leaving work.
Leaving messages for work colleagues
- Wishing you happiness and success in your new venture. You’ll go far!
- A great co-worker is hard to find, difficult to part with and impossible to forget.
- I hope your transition is a smooth and happy one.
- Good luck with your new job, you will kill it!
- Congrats on getting the job of your dreams. We will miss you
- Thanks for always keeping me motivated. You made work a pleasure.
- I have learned a lot from you during your time here. I wish you all the success for the future and I know you will rock in that new position.
- Working with a colleague like you was so much fun. We are going to miss you here.
- Having a friend like you in the workplace is a gift. Bidding farewell is one difficult part today!
- It’s been an honour to work with you over the past X years.
- Monday mornings just won’t be the same again. Good luck with your new job
- Wishing you much joy and happiness as you begin your new job
- I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
- Wishing you the best in this next phase of your career. Congratulations, and best of luck.
- Having you as a partner at work was one of the best professional experiences in my career. Farewell.
- I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and farewell, friend!
- I’m seriously going to miss you here—best of luck in your new endeavour. See you soon!
- We wish you boundless success wherever you go!
- I hope the next place that you work will rival the joy that you’ve had working here.
- I still don’t understand why you decided to leave the company. Do you think you can have tons of fun in your new office without us? Okay, let’s see who is going to miss what.
- Frankly, I wish I could follow you to your new job. It feels so sad to know that we won’t be working together again. Wish you well in your new firm. Keep in touch. Goodbye!
When we think of writing a farewell message, we only typically think about someone leaving you but they may also be wanting to find something to say thank you and farewell. This next selection is for messages to the people you are leaving behind.
Goodbye messages for your co-workers
- Working with you was good. Working with you was fun. But now I’m moving on. Thank God I’m finally done!
- I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by since my first day on the job here. It feels like it’s only been a few weeks. Thank you for everything
- It’s hard to imagine waking up and not coming into this office to see all of your smiling faces. I’ll miss every single one of you.
- All good things must come to an end. Working with you was both an honour and a privilege that I will take with me into this new chapter of my life.
- Thank you for teaching me everything I know and providing me with the very best experience I could’ve asked for
- I want to say thank you to every one of you here at X. You have treated me wonderfully and I hope to see you all in the future
- Thank you for being the best coworkers possible. I will miss all of you dearly.
- Moving on definitely isn’t easy. But right now it’s the right move for me. Instead of making this a sad occasion, let’s celebrate all the things we’ve accomplished together!
- Not all goodbye’s have to be sad. Let’s have a cracking night tonight!
- I’m scared to death. I’ll probably be back in a few weeks. Don’t fill my desk.
Our next selection of leaving messages are what you are waiting for. Funny farewell wishes to write in a leaving card.
Funny farewell wishes
- There is no sadder day than watching your work colleague leave. Who is going to pay for my lunch now?
- I used to hate work, then you came, now you’re leaving I am back to hating work. Thanks!
- I might actually get some work done now
- Go and help your new colleagues. It’s fine, forget about me!
- I give it a week before you’ve run back and asked for your job back
- Who is going to make my coffee now?
- Please take me with you
- I’ve only been here a week, but I have to write you a stupid leaving message.
- Let’s hope your boss isn’t as bad as this one
- Thank god, one less weirdo in this place
- Goodbye, you’re dead to me now
- Who am I going to rinse now?
- I am glad you’re leaving, I’ve had enough
- I never liked you anyway
- I heard they are replacing you with a machine
- As you slide down the banister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction
- Never come back. Unless you’re bringing presents.
- I really hope you fail.
- I don’t know how anyone else with put up with you constantly gossiping in the workplace
- Who is going to be able to keep up with me at work drinks? I need a new drinking partner.
- Finally!!! We’ve been waiting for this day for a long time. Farewell sucker.
- I will certainly stay in touch with you (I’m joking, I just have to say that). Enjoy your big change
- Goodbye! – I will really miss our horribly awkward small talk we have in the office
- Happy Birthday, have a good one
- It’s sad to see you go, but you did have the best desk and I’ll look after it well
- I’ve worked with a lot of people in my career and I can honestly say that you are one of them.
- Great to hear that you’re going away. I can’t wait to hear that you have been crowned as the “gossip queen” at the workplace. Goodbye!
- You leaving is that absolute worst. How am I supposed to find another person who is as wonderful to work with as you? You raised the bar so low. (This always helped my motivation)
All the above funny leaving messages would be perfect for a variety of leaving situations.
As we stated at the beginning of the blog, there are more reasons than a work colleague leaving when purchasing a leaving card. For example, someone could be leaving to go and have a baby. Which is a very exciting yet stressful time.
Picking the correct maternity card & message is crucial. But don’t be boring…
What to write in a maternity card?
- You may think of this as a holiday, but you will soon realise maternity leave is far from it.
- Enjoy the lack of sleep during your maternity leave!
- Working with these weirdos or looking after a cute baby? I know what I’d prefer
- Good luck with the new-born! Enjoy the time off, because when you get back you will look 10 years older.
- It’s just a matter of months before you to say goodbye to your freedom forever!
- There’s no greater joy than being blessed with a baby. Have a joyful baby break. We love you so much!
- By all accounts, being a parent is one of life’s greatest joys. I’m so glad you get to enjoy this great experience.
The final section of leaving cards we are going to dive into will be retirement cards.
From an early working age, it is something we constantly look forward too, even when the retirement age keeps extending…
Seems like by the time I am going to retire; the retirement age will be 80. Anyhow, we all know someone who is approaching retirement age and is very much looking forward to it.
What to write in a Retirement card?
Here are some hilarious retirement card messages that perfectly sum up retirement:
- You will learn how to master doing nothing!
- Retirement is a well-earned lifelong holiday, yet you are now too old to do anything exciting.
- Enjoy old age, fragile bones & a weak bladder
- Enjoy the many National Trust tearooms & castles you will be visiting.
- We saw a slow decline in your energy, it’s about time you retire and do nothing
- Enjoy your senior discount, you worked hard for it…
- What do you call a person who is happy on a Monday? – an OAP (Old Age Pensioner)
- Have you found something useful? Now you can never write a boring message inside a leaving card.
Say goodbye the right way!