It is always a sad moment to see a friend or loved one move onto something new and leave you behind. Although you may be sad that they are leaving, you must congratulate them on their new start elsewhere.
Leaving cards can be used for many different occasions as you would expect. The most popular reason someone is leaving is usually down to a new job, moving to a different country, maternity leave or even retirement. But this isn’t limited, most of our leaving cards are general and could be used for any situation.
Due to the many reasons someone may be leaving, you will have to be unique with what you write inside your leaving card.
We understand that a lot of the time when the leaving card is related to work, you find out “Derek” from marketing is leaving and although you have never spoken to him, you are required to write inside the leaving card.
This sort of situation leads you to write a very impersonal & generic leaving message such as the messages below:
- Good Luck at the new job
- Enjoy your fresh start
- Wishing you all the best in your next chapter
- All the best for the future
- Congratulations & good luck
Have you written one of those messages in a leaving card before? Boring right?
The problem is, there’s not much else you can write in that sort of situation. But now we are going to get into the goodbye card messages for people who are leaving in the office. This time for people who you actually know. Maybe even a good friend/work colleague.
Funny Leaving Cards & Messages
We will start with some funny leaving messages you could include in these goodbye cards…
- There is no sadder day than watching your work colleague leave. Who is going to pay for my lunch now?
- I used to hate work, then you came, now you’re leaving I am back to hating work. Thanks!
- I might actually get some work done now
- Go and help your new colleagues. It’s fine, forget about me!
- I give it a week before you’ve run back and asked for your job back
- Who is going to make my coffee now?
- Please take me with you
- I’ve only been here a week, but I have to write you a stupid leaving message.
- Let’s hope your boss isn’t as bad as this one
- Thank god, one less weirdo in this place
- Goodbye, you’re dead to me now
- Who am I going to rinse now?
- I am glad you’re leaving, I’ve had enough
- I never liked you anyway
- I heard they are replacing you with a machine
- As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction
- Never come back. Unless you’re bringing presents.
- I really hope you fail.
- I don’t know how anyone else with put up with you constantly gossiping in the workplace
- Who is going to be able to keep up with me at work drinks? I need a new drinking partner.
All the above leaving messages would be perfect for a work colleague who is leaving. Spice it up and be bit funny for once, you boring sods!
As we stated at the beginning of the blog, there are more reasons than a work colleague leaving to get a leaving card.
For example, someone could be leaving to go and have a baby. Which is a very exciting yet stressful time.
Picking the correct maternity card & message is crucial. But don’t be boring…
Maternity Cards & Messages
- You may think of this as a holiday, but you will soon realise maternity leave is far from it.
- Enjoy the lack of sleep during your maternity leave!
- Working with these weirdos or looking after a cute baby? I know what I’d prefer
- Good luck with the new-born! Enjoy the time off, because when you get back you will look 10 years older.
- It’s just a matter of months before you to say goodbye to your freedom forever!
The final section of leaving cards we are going to dive into will be retirement cards.
From an early working age, it is something we constantly look forward too, even when the retirement age keeps extending…
Seems like by the time I am going to retire; the retirement age will be 80. Anyhow, we all know someone who is approaching retirement age and is very much looking forward to it.
Easy life isn’t it? Sitting back enjoying retirement relaxation.
Retirement Cards & Messages
Here are some hilarious retirement card messages that perfectly sum up retirement:
- You will learn how to master doing nothing!
- Retirement is a well-earned lifelong holiday, yet you are now too old to do anything exciting.
- Enjoy old age, fragile bones & a weak bladder
- Enjoy the many National Trust tearooms & castles you will be visiting.
- We saw a slow decline in your energy, it’s about time you retire and do nothing
- Enjoy your senior discount, you worked hard for it…
- What do you call a person who is happy on a Monday? – an OAP (Old Age Pensioner)
Have you found something useful? Now you can never write a boring message inside a leaving card.
Say goodbye the right way!
And on that note, see ya!
- 18th Birthday Gift Ideas
- Anniversary Date Ideas With Accompanying Anniversary Cards
- Leaving Cards – What should you write in them?
- Pride History & A Selection of LGBTQ Cards
- 15 Funny Cards Featuring The Best Puns!