Father’s Day is coming on June 16th, 2019!
Unlike Mother’s Day, Father’s Day wasn’t actually created because of religious or traditional reasoning. Instead, Father’s Day was started by the Americans.
Our friends from across the pond created the day to show appreciation for all Dads across the world. This day started back in 1908, becoming a long-lasting tradition for so many countries.
Dads secretly love Father’s Day, no matter how much they try to brush it off like it’s not a big deal.
This year you have got to make sure he has the best day possible which is why we will give you a few tips below.
Firstly, you will need to organise what sort of present you are going to get him…
This can be a really hard task; Dads aren’t easy to buy for. Of course, we could go for the classic Shirt or a pack of beers. But let’s face it… You have probably given him that sort of present for years.
This year it is time to switch it up!
We will start off with the affordable presents;
Like our mugs or magnets?
We have a huge range online but what do you think of these?
If you would like to splash a bit more cash on something more expensive then don’t just go for something boring.
The best thing to do is make little hints to find out what he wants. If he isn’t giving anything away or using the classic “I don’t want anything”, He’s lying, he does!
If you struggling, we found great list of 69 unique Father’s Day gifts.
This list includes a portable draft beer dispenser & an amazing tool for cooking meat to perfection! It’s definitely worth scrolling through.
The second task is finding the perfect Father’s Day card.
We find Dads are the easiest to buy cards for because they aren’t that fussy. Although with that being said…
Choose wisely depending on what sort of Dad you have.
Here are a couple of our favourites from our 2019 range!
Dads tend to prefer the funny Father’s Day cards which is why a large majority of ours revolve around that style but if your Dad doesn’t like humorous cards? Then, we always have contemporary and unique Father’s Day cards too.
So, you have completed the first 2 steps in providing a successful Father’s Day but what’s next?
After you have wrapped his present, you just have to write out his card.
The generic “To Dad, Happy Father’s Day, Love from” doesn’t quite fit the bill anymore.
You want to include a unique message inside your Father’s Day card.
As always if you have read our guides before, we will include Father’s Day messages depending on the sort of mood you are going for.
We will start off with loving Father’s Day card messages.
- “Happy Father’s Day! You’re not just my Dad, but one of my closest friends.”
- “I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Any man can be a father, but it takes a special someone to be a dad”
- “You’re my hero! Thanks for being you Dad!”
- “Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed.”
- “Nobody compares to you dad!”
- “To the best Dad in the universe”
- “There is no greater bond than the Father and Son/Daughter bond! Thank you, Dad!”
- “Everyone has a Father, but I have the best”
- “Happy Father’s Day, I may be a bit taller than you, but I still look up to you”
- “There’s no way I could pay you back for all that you have done for me growing up, I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.”
- “Happy Father’s Day, to an awesome dad who should win a Nobel Peace Prize for putting up with me.”
- “I hope you have a great Father’s Day! Thank you for being a great influence my whole life.”
- “Dad, You’re my hero!”
- “One day I hope to be the man you have become!”
- “You made growing up so fun.”
- “I am proud to be your Son/Daughter”
- “Thank you for all the great childhood memories Dad!”
- “Thanks for everything you have done for me/us, we love you with all our hearts!”
- “Dad, you have been there through all my hard times. Thank you for everything!”
All of the above Father’s Day messages are perfect for if you want to let your Dad know how much he means to you. You never know, you may even get a tear out of him…
Now let’s get onto some humour. Dads love it! The more humour the better. Maybe even give them some of their own medicine in the form of a Dad joke.
How about these Funny Father’s Day messages below?
- “Thank you for having me, even if it was just so I can look after you when your old and wrinkly”
- “I don’t know what I’m thanking you for, because I certainly didn’t get my looks from you…”
- “Happy Father’s Day… Can I borrow a 20 quid?”
- “You’re an alright Dad, even if you are irritating”
- “You’re my favourite Dad”
- “Thanks for saying yes when Mum said no”
- “I am sorry I spent all your money in my teenage years. I had a great time!”
- “I would get you a Father’s Day present but I’m too poor. My presence can be your present”
- “Dad – I wouldn’t trade you for anything. I mean, nobody’s offered me anything, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t!”
- “Are you regretting having me yet?”
- “Dad, I’m so proud of the many talents I’ve inherited from you. Happy Farters Day!”
- “Let’s face it, you get this day because of me?”
- “Thanks for still paying my phone bill!”
- “I laugh because you are my Dad. Nothing to do with you. Just you have to deal with me”
- “Dad, I wouldn’t trade you for anything. Well, I haven’t been offered anything yet so who knows? I might do”
- “Dad, the care home is already booked”
- “I hope Father’s Day is as fun as your life before me”
- “Sorry for my teenage years”
- “To the best taxi driver and the most generous banker, Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I really hope I don’t end up looking like you”
- “Thanks for giving me the hair loss gene!”
- “No one can replace you because no one would get rid of all of those spiders”
- “I still prefer Mum”
- “You’ve always been my favourite ATM”
- “I hope this £3 card repays you for everything you have done”
Much better… Don’t you think?
Funny messages should get your dad smiling or hopefully giggling… But we won’t stop there, it’s now time to hit him with more humour with some Dad Jokes!
All of the below are guaranteed to get him giggling on his special day.
WARNING – ALL OF THE BELOW JOKES ARE TERRIBLE.
Here are 25 of our favourites.
- Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? Great food, no atmosphere.
- I went to the zoo and saw a baguette in a cage. The zookeeper said it was bread in captivity.
- What do you call a man with a rubber toe? Roberto.
- I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I was tripping all day!
- I thought about going on an all almond diet, but that’s just nuts
- Can February March? No, but April May
- If you see a robbery at an Apple Store does that make you an iWitness?
- What do you call an elephant that doesn’t matter? An irrelephant
- What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho Cheese
- “What’s Forrest Gump’s password? 1forrest1”
- I cut my finger chopping cheese, but I think that I may have greater problems.
- Have you ever tried to eat a clock? Its very time consuming.
- A furniture store keeps calling me. All I wanted was one-night stand.
- My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So, I had to put my foot down
- What has two butts and kills people? An assassin
- What’s the advantage of living in Switzerland? Well, the flag is a big plus.
- I went to the zoo the other day, there was only one dog in it. It was a shitzu.
- CASHIER: “Would you like the milk in a bag, Sir?” DAD: “No, just leave it in the carton!’”
- Want to hear a joke about construction? I’m still working on it.
- My chemistry set blew up, I guess oxidants happen.
- Dad I’m hungry … “Hi hungry” I’m Dad
- Do you know where you can get chicken broth in bulk? The stock market.
- Why couldn’t the bike stand up by itself? It was two tired.
- What time did the man go to the dentist? Tooth hurt-y.
- The only thing worse than having diarrhoea is having to spell it.
25 perfect puns to include within your Father’s Day card this year.
What about if your dad has a rude sense of humour though?
We’ve got you covered. We love rude humour here at Creased so now it’s time to let loose!
Don’t read on if you are easily offended.
- “Dad, thanks for not wearing a condom”
- “You get this whole day about you, just because you shagged mum”
- “Happy fucking Father’s Day you cunt (or another appropriate swear word)”
- “You’re a shitty dad”
- “Thanks for putting up with my shit”
- “Thanks for wiping my ass and all the other shit you did”
- “Thanks for leaving your cock in mum”
- “Sorry I wrecked mums vagina”
- “I’m your punishment for having sex”
- “Most Stepdads are usually dickheads, but you’re alright”
Rude enough for you?
If you’d like more rude Father’s Day messages, we suggest adding any swear word or offensive word into any of the above messages. It will become rude pretty instantly.
But that’s all from us…
Make sure you check out our handwritten card service for Father’s Day in case you live too far away from your dad or leave it too late to write it yourself.