What to write in a Father’s Day card | 140 Father’s Day messages
What to write in a Father’s Day Card?
Figuring out what to write in your Father’s Day card can be difficult. Dad’s claim they don’t want the fuss of Father’s Day but then complain when you don’t put the effort in.
There are a few things you’ve got to plan for Father’s day before you even think about writing your4 Father’s Day messages, such as; the gift (Beer is usually a good shout) and the venue for Father’s Day.
The first two are completely down to what sort of thing the old man likes. The ideas could be endless!
Once that is sorted, you sit down with a cup of coffee trying to figure out what to put in your Father’s Day card. Until you realise you have no clue what to write. Do you write something meaningful? Something funny? Or do you be as rude as you can?
This answer really depends on two things:
- What type of Dad do you have?
- How good is your relationship with your Dad?
There are a few types of Dad’s you will typically come across:
- The Hipster Dad
- The Workaholic Dad
- The Geek Dad
- The Handyman Dad
This hilarious article goes into each of the 12 different Dad’s and is surprisingly relatable.
Now you’ve figured out the two main questions, you can filter through our huge range of Father’s Day wishes. We’ve organised these into the following categories to help you with finding the perfect message.
We’re going to start off with our meaningful Father’s day wishes. These types of messages are perfect for thanking him for everything he’s done for you, and showing your appreciation for him.
Meaningful Father’s Day messages
- Happy Father’s Day! You’re not just my Dad, but one of my closest friends.
- I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Father’s Day!
- Any man can be a father, but it takes a special someone to be a dad
- You’re my hero! Thanks for being you Dad!
- Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed.
- Nobody compares to you dad!
- To the best Dad in the universe
- There is no greater bond than the Father and Son/Daughter bond! Thank you, Dad!
- Everyone has a Father, but I have the best
- Happy Father’s Day, I may be a bit taller than you, but I still look up to you
- There’s no way I could pay you back for all that you have done for me growing up, I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.
- Happy Father’s Day, to an awesome dad who should win a Nobel Peace Prize for putting up with me.
- I hope you have a great Father’s Day! Thank you for being a great influence my whole life.
- Dad, You’re my hero!
- One day I hope to be the man you have become!
- You made growing up so fun.
- I am proud to be your Son/Daughter
- Thank you for all the great childhood memories Dad!
- Thanks for everything you have done for me/us, we love you with all our hearts!
- Dad, you have been there through all my hard times. Thank you for everything!
- Sending love and wishes from across the globe to the best Dad ever
- Happy Father’s day to my wonderful Daddy. I love you to the moon… and back!
- I am so lucky to have you as my dad. Thanks for being so wonderful!
- Thank you for everything that you have done for me. You’ve always been there for me as a dad and best friend as well.
- When people say, ‘the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree,’ I tell them that’s the best compliment I could ever get. Because you are amazing!
- You will never go out of style. Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad ever.
- Dad, you have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life.
- Thanks for being the type of dad I aspire to be one day
- I’d be lost without you. Thank you for everything
- Thanks for always believing in me, You are the best!
- It’s hard being so far away from you. Missing you (but not the dad jokes). Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for your time, love and care. I hope to be just like you when I become a Father
- There’s no one I’d rather look up to than you. Happy Father’s Day!
- You have created the best memories that I will hold onto for life. Enjoy your Father’s Day, you deserve it!
The best way to write a meaningful Father’s day message is to just speak from the heart and make it personal. Include memories, similar hobbies or something he specifically did for you. We can recommend an endless amount of wishes, but writing something beats all of the recommendations we are writing about.
Father’s Day messages for Grandad
Grandfather’s should be appreciated on Father’s Day, they not only looked after you through your childhood, but also brought up your Mum or Dad. Making them the very best parent they could be. Showing your love with a lovely card message for your Grandad is the best way to show this (and some whisky).
- I’m so lucky I have you. I want you to know I appreciate everything you do! Happy Father’s Day, Grandad
- Happy Father’s Day to the best grandad in the universe!
- Thanks for being in all of my favorite memories Grandfather
- Only the best fathers get promoted to GRANDfather. You are Grand and I love you!
- Grandpa, your love is like you, it never goes out of style. Happy Father’s Day.
- I hope you know how much I admire the man you are, Grandad.
- Thanks for [Personal thing]. You have always been there for me, Happy Father’s Day
- You taught me to be the man/woman I am today, thank you Grandad
- Happy Father’s Day! I have such fond memories of all the special times we spent together. I really couldn’t have asked for a better grandfather!
- I can’t wait to see you again soon, we will make the next Father’s Day the best one yet!
Father’s Day messages from Daughter
Dad’s absolutely love their daughter, much more than their sons, we can tell you that for sure. Make sure he knows how appreciative you are for everything he does and how much you love him. Figuring out the perfect Father’s day message
- Happy Father’s Day from your little princess. I love you Dad!
- You have always treated me like the princess I always wanted to be as a kid. Thank you for everything Dad!
- A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
- I may find a prince, but my Dad will be always my King.
- Some people don’t believe in heroes but they haven’t met my dad!
- Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad
- One day I hope I find someone to be as great of a father as you are to me!
- I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.
- He can play like a kid, give advice like a friend, and protect like a bodyguard. Happy Father’s Day you hero!
- A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.
Father’s Day messages from Son
Whether you are a sports fan with your Dad, you both love tech or you both work the same job. A father-son relationship is special and is what makes boys turn into great men and loving fathers. Although the relationship is strong, or even if it’s not, finding the words to write in a Father’s day card can be difficult to come by for a son.
- Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown. Thanks for being such a great mentor. Happy Father’s Day!
- One day I hope to become a Dad like you!
- Happy Father’s day Dad! You are my best friend and always will be
- I’m so proud to be your son. Thank you for everything Dad!
- One day I hope to be half the man you are.
- Thank you for all the times you [Add what he did for you]. You’re the best!
- To the world’s greatest dad, from the world’s greatest son
- One day I’ll pay you back that money, but if I did, I wouldn’t be a son! Happy Father’s Day!
- Now I’m a father myself, I admire you all the more! Thanks for being such a great dad and role model.
- The older I turned, the more I realised that you have always been right, father.
Father’s Day messages from Wife
Typically if your children are younger than 16 (18 for the lazy ones), you will be buying the gifts and Father’s Day cards for them for the Dad. It’s also nice to show your appreciation for him with your own card/gift. Just to thank him for being such a great Father!
Finding the words to write in these cards can always be tough, but especially if you are writing to your husband / The Dad of your children within the kids card. We’d suggest keeping this very PG and write in your own card where possible. Here are 10 Father’s day messages for your husband.
- Thank you for being the best Dad to our children. Happy Father’s Day!
- So glad you were with me for this fun and wild ride.
- Happy Father’s Day to the world’s greatest, father, husband, protector and friend.
- I still get butterflies when I see you interact with our children, thank you for being such an amazing father and husband. Happy Father’s Day.
- I love our family, and I love you
- Seeing what a great dad you are only makes me love you more
- I’ve never seen you sexier than with baby food in your hair
- It’s a shame we can’t get up to all the fun we used too… Happy Father’s Day anyway!
- Maybe we could try to get the kids to sleep early tonight?
- How do you make carrying a nappy look so hot? Let’s make this Father’s Day a good one.
Funny Father’s Day Messages
Dad’s love a good laugh, it’s important to add something funny to their father’s day card. Whether it’s a little dad joke or something personal between you and him, it’s definitely a good idea because Dads just love a good laugh.
We’ve compiled a little list of funny father’s day messages to put inside your card but we have plenty of rude jokes and dad jokes you can also put in!
- Thank you for having me, even if it was just so I can look after you when your old and wrinkly
- I don’t know what I’m thanking you for, because I certainly didn’t get my looks from you…
- Please accept this Father’s Day text as a token of my poverty
- Happy Father’s Day… Can I borrow a 20 quid?
- You’re an alright Dad, even if you are irritating
- You’re my favourite Dad
- Thanks for saying yes when Mum said no
- I am sorry I spent all your money in my teenage years. I had a great time!
- I would get you a Father’s Day present but I’m too poor. My presence can be your present
- Dad – I wouldn’t trade you for anything. I mean, nobody’s offered me anything, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t!
- Are you regretting having me yet?
- Dad, I’m so proud of the many talents I’ve inherited from you. Happy Farters Day!
- Let’s face it, you get this day because of me?
- Thanks for still paying my phone bill!
- I laugh because you are my Dad. Nothing to do with you. Just you have to deal with me
- Dad, I wouldn’t trade you for anything. Well, I haven’t been offered anything yet so who knows? I might do
- Dad, your father’s day gift is another year of not having to pay for my wedding
- Dad, the care home is already booked
- I hope Father’s Day is as fun as your life before me
- Sorry for my teenage years
- To the best taxi driver and the most generous banker, Happy Father’s Day!
- I really hope I don’t end up looking like you
- Thanks for giving me the hair loss gene!
- No one can replace you because no one would get rid of all of those spiders
- I still prefer Mum
- You’ve always been my favourite ATM
- I hope this £3 card repays you for everything you have done
- I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.
- I hope you get to waste some time in your favorite ways on Father’s Day. You deserve it!
- Happy ‘Golf (Hobby) to Your Heart’s Content’ Day!
- I got you a classic World Best Dad mug, the quote on the front isn’t true. But hey, you are a bit of a mug
- I love how we don’t even need to say out loud that I am your favourite child
- Happy Father’s Day — without me, this day wouldn’t mean much
- Happy Father’s Day! The most pointless day of the year…
How to say Happy Father’s in other languages
Father’s day isn’t celebrated at the same time around the world. It’s celebrated on the third Sunday of June in; UK, USA, Canada, Pakistan, Singapore, South Africa, Argentina, France, Greece, India. Mexico and Venezuela.
In Australia and New Zealand it is celebrated on the first Sunday in September, in Brazil on the first Sunday of August and on December 5th in Thailand.
If you already speak another language we’re sure you can already say Happy Father’s Day! But you don’t have to speak the language to include this, it could just be included as a bit of fun. If you wanted to go all out for your Dad, you could buy him a holiday somewhere and include one of the below phrases in the card? Just a suggestion…
- Brazilian Portuguese
Feliz dia dos pais!
Bonne fête Papa !
Feliz día del padre
Buona festa del papà!
Alles Gute zum Vatertag!
Grattis på farsdagen!
Rude Father’s Day Messages
This next section we have kept at the end, because it might not suit all people. We would suggest using these rude fathers day messages at your own risk. If you know he’ll take them well, then go for it!
- Dad, thanks for not wearing a condom
- You get this whole day about you, just because you shagged mum
- Happy fucking Father’s Day you cunt (or another appropriate swear word)
- You’re a shitty dad
- Thanks for putting up with my shit
- Thanks for wiping my ass and all the other shit you did
- Thanks for leaving your cock in mum
- Sorry I wrecked mums vagina
- I’m your punishment for having sex
- Most Stepdads are usually dickheads, but you’re alright
Make sure you check out our handwritten card service for Father’s Day in case you live too far away from your dad or leave it too late to write it yourself.