What To Write In A Mother’s Day Card?
Mother’s Day is fast approaching on the 14th of March 2021.
We are going to start off by telling you a bit about Mothering Sunday and why it’s such a widely celebrated occasion, especially in the UK.
Why do we send Mother’s Day cards?
Traditionally Mothering Sunday is a celebration of the fourth Sunday in lent and is celebrated with a church service honouring Mothers.
This was the traditional & religious celebration which has been adapted to suit all people around the UK. Now becoming one of the biggest occasions throughout the calendar year.
With us now being in 2020, Mother’s Day is often celebrated with simply a gift, Mother’s Day Card and maybe some flowers if she’s lucky…
Nowadays, Mother’s Day is big business across the world – in the UK alone a total of £1.5 billion will be spent spoiling and recognising our Mums, according to a 2013 Baines & Ernst study. The same study showed that sons and daughters across the UK will spend £250 million on luxury food and drink hampers, £90 million on jewellery, £60 million on that good old favourite, chocolate and, most popular of all, some 7 million bunches of flowers will be bought!
As well as all the gifts, there is of course, cards that will be sent – Mother’s Day represents the largest ‘spring season’ event of the year for Greetings Card retailers and publishers with some 30 million cards being sent at a value of around £55 million! Seems like a lot of money, however the Bains & Ernst report also gave readers cost saving ideas for the day. One of those key ideas was to ditch the gift and instead get creative and more personal with the card you send. It said “Cards are lovely, so take the time to find the perfect one. Add a carefully composed message and your mum will have a keepsake she’ll want to cherish forever.”
A Mother’s Day card is a must for this season. Mums will not be happy at all if you don’t get one for her and she won’t hide her disappointment…
The only issue is choosing the perfect card for your mum and finding the right thing to say inside.
You could be boring and go to your local Tesco or Card Factory and pick up a generic card she has probably already been given in previous years by one of your siblings.
If you are a sibling then there is competition, you must provide the best card which encloses the best content inside. You don’t want to become the least favourite, do you?
You also want to be the best with how you treat your Mum this Mother’s day. Don’t you? Well, we have an article full with plenty of cheap, expensive and loving ways to treat your mum this Mother’s Day.
Either way, Mother’s Day is about appreciating your Mum and how much she has done for you over your life time. At the end of the day, she did give birth to you…
But that’s not what this post is about right? You’re sitting down and you’ve gone to write something in your card for Mother’s Day, but you’re stuck?
You don’t want to write the classic, boring “Happy Mother’s Day” because you mum deserves better, doesn’t she?
Over 100 Mother’s Day Messages
We’re going to start of simple yet loving. These simple Mother’s Day messages are perfectly easy for the occasion.
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest Mum in the whole entire world!”
- “To the best mum in the world, happy Mother’s Day! Hope you have the happiest of days.”
- “Thank you for being a great Mother/Mum etc.”
- “Thanks for being there when I need you the most,”
- You are the most caring and loving person I know. Thanks for bringing me into this world and being there for me every day. I love you Mum!
- Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thinking of you with love today and always. Happy Mother’s Day Mum!
- Mums are the people who know us the best and love us the most
- For a wonderful mother on Mother’s Day.
- You mean so much to me Mum. I love you with all my heart and wish you a Happy Mother’s Day!
- All of the above are perfect if you want to show your Mum you care but don’t want to be going on writing chunky blocks of text. Instead keeping it simple and sweet.
- When it comes to writing messages for Mother’s Day it can become a task to make it personal. Because it just doesn’t feel as special if it’s something generic. By any means the generic messages are very helpful but sometimes you want to be adding your own twist.
- For this reason, we have come up with different Mother’s day messages for The different Mother figures or if you are the Son or Daughter for example.
- This should help you find your perfect Mother’s Day message! P.S. we have found that Mums like the cringier messages but don’t worry, there will be a nice range of funny & rude messages too…
- A mother’s love is timeless and unforgettable. Thank you for your constant love throughout everything.
- You’ve carried me through all the storms and been by my side through the sunshine.
- You’re my favourite role model and I hope one day to be as strong as you are.
Mother’s Day wishes from Son
- “Men are what their mums made them, and you’ve made the best one! Happy Mother’s Day, to the best mum! “
- “Thank you for raising me to be the best man I could possibly be”
- “You are the most important woman in my life, Happy Mother’s Day mum!”
- “Raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there with me and I am forever grateful.”
- “Thank you for standing in the cold for when I played football and everything you did for me that made me such a lucky son
Mother’s Day messages from Daughter
- “If I am ever half the woman you are, I’ll be a very lucky girl.”
- “The bond between a Mother and Daughter is unbreakable”
- “You are my best friend, Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Being a woman is not an easy thing, but being a Mother is even more difficult. Still, you’re a wonderful woman and an even more wonderful Mother! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “One day I hope to be the Mother that you were to me, Happy Mother’s Day!”
Mother’s Day messages for someone who is like a Mum
This next selection can be extremely helpful if you have had a Mother figure in your life that has always been there for you. This could be someone like a Step Mum or perhaps just a family friend.
- You have been like a Mum to me, so this day is also for you!
- Just wanted to recognize you on Mother’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I’m forever grateful, therefore Happy Mother’s Day
- You care for me just like my Mother would. Thank you!
- I have the best of both worlds by having you as my sweet and wonderful “Second Mum”! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.
- Understanding and forgiving, loving and caring… it doesn’t matter that you didn’t give to me, you have all the best mum qualities!
- Dear mother-in-law, thanks for not putting my spouse up for adoption!
- You’ve seen me laugh, you’ve seen me cry and you’ve stood by my side.
- Family means a lot especially when it’s someone as special as you!
- Dear mother-in-law, thanks for not putting my spouse up for adoption!
- If I didn’t have you as a mother-in-law, I’d choose you as a friend! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for raising my best friend.
Mother’s Day messages for Grandma
Grandma’s often don’t get enough recognition on Mother’s Day. Make sure you make your Grandma feel special by remembering to get her a card and a little gift this Mother’s Day.
This will show your appreciation for everything they do, whether it’s the small things such as buying you an ice cream or when they looked after you as kids.
Here are a couple of unique and targeted Mother’s Day card messages for your Grandma…
- Thanks for spoiling me rotten Grandma!
- I hope I can bring up my children just as you brought up my Mum and me
- Having a great Mum is as sweet as a piece of cake. Having a Grandma like you is as sweet as the icing on the cake.
- Grandmothers like you are not to be taken for granted at all. I am so thankful to have someone as amazing as you in my life
- You had to be at the top of your class because no other Grandmother could ever be as perfect as you are! Thank you for everything Grandma!
- Not only are you my favourite grandma, you’re also one of my greatest role models and my best friend. Happy Mother’s Day!
- First a mother, then a grandma, but forever my best friend.
- Thank you for helping raise me, Happy Mother’s Day!
- Because of you, I got a really great mum. Thank you for everything.
- You’ve taught me so much about life, I look up to you.
- You are the heart and soul of this family.
We think we have covered the more targeted Mother’s Day wishes above so that you can add a personal touch depending on who it is for or who it is from.
But we are now about to get into the exciting stuff. You’re probably wondering what can be exciting about Mother’s Day messages? They are all cringey right?
You are wrong. Not everyone wants to write a loving and sweet Mother’s Day message.
In fact, we much prefer the funny and rude messages. We’ll show you some of our favourites that you could put inside your Mother’s Day card this year…
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
- “Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your Mum!”
- “I love how I don’t need to say out loud that I’m your favourite child – I just know!”
- “I am so lucky to have you as a Mum, nobody else could have put up with me this long”
- “The great thing about being a mother is that you spent your whole life looking after me and all I am going to do is wheel you to the care home when you reach that point”
- “Congratulations on bringing up the perfect Son/Daughter”
- “Thank you for putting up with a bratty, irritating, rude and ugly child like my sibling…”
- “Soon you will be promoted to Grandma duty… Yes, you’re an old Mum”
- “I would have made you breakfast in bed, if you had taught me how to cook…”
- “Mum, you’re like Dad – only smarter.”
- “One day I hope to make you proud but for now, I forgot to get you a present”
- “I would say I prefer you to Dad, but he says yes to me going out when you say no”
- “I love you more than my sibling does”
- “Didn’t get you a present, I thought me being your Son/Daughter is a gift in itself”
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try again. Love your second born”
- “Mentor, Taxi Driver, Organiser, Educator, Referee – which name do you prefer?”
- What do you think of some of those card messages? They will get your Mum giggling for certain…
- I hope your Mother’s Day will be more pleasant than labour was!
- Flowers? Chocolates? Prosecco? They aren’t the best gift for you really! Luckily, you’ve got me ?
- No matter where you are, I promise to always interrupt you.
- Happy centre of attention day! Don’t get too used to it!
- Congratulations Mum – I turned out awesome. Enjoy your day basking in the glory of my greatness.
- I know giving birth to me was tough, but nobody said making a masterpiece was easy!
- Mentor, Taxi Driver, Organiser, Educator, Referee – which name do you prefer?
- Dear mum, thanks for not leaving me on a doorstep.
- Dear mum, thanks for putting up with a spoiled, messy brat like my sibling, love from your favourite child!”
- We all know I’m your favourite child, Happy Mother’s Day!
- Seeing as it’s Mother’s Day, you can tell me now…is (name of sibling) adopted?”
- They don’t make them like they used to. Thanks for always being you Mum. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Congratulations Mum, you raised a total legend. Have a great day!
- Mum, I’ll even wash the dishes today – imagine that!
Mum’s don’t seem to be as big fans of those typical rubbish Dad joke puns, but it doesn’t mean you can’t throw some in. We have found a few hilarious Mother’s Day puns that you could include in her card this Mothering Sunday.
Mother’s Day puns
- You’re the best Mum anyone could ask for. I guess we could say that you’re opti-mum.
- You did a grape job raising me
- Olive you Mum
- Mum you’re tea-rrific
- Thank you for being there for all of the most Mum-umental moments of my life.
- What do you call the best Mother in the world? MaxiMUM.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the one who’s responsible for so many of my best memories. I like to call them Mum-entos.
- You’re the berry best, Mum.
- Mum, you’re pear-fect.
- You’re a koala-ty Mum
- Bee-utiful Mum
We have given you loving & sweet Mother’s day card messages, Funny Mother’s day card messages which is perfect for the normal relationships with your mum.
Some of us have a weirder or more rude sense of humour and we may need to show our love through something a bit more offensive.
We have dug into the deep dark areas of the web to find some of the rudest card messages to go inside your Mother’s Day cards. Be warned, these could put you in the bad books…
Rude Mother’s Day messages
- I’m so sorry for ruining your vagina!
- You somehow managed to rub off on me after raising me, I am a Cunt too!
- I bet you wish you would have just swallowed me
- Congratulations for raising an asshole!
- I prefer Dad, He’s not a dick
- When I grow up, I hope to be a better parent than you
- Happy Mother’s Day you *Insert Rude Insult*
- So today is just a day to celebrate you and Dad having sex which made you a Mother
- Why couldn’t you have just used protection with my siblings?
- Congrats for bringing up a fucking legend
- Didn’t get a present because you were a bitch to me as a kid
- Mum, you da shit!
That’s it for our Mother’s Day card messages. We have brought you over 70 of the very best Mother’s Day card messages that will fit perfectly into the card for your Mum.
Don’t forget about our handwritten card service which provides a personalised handwritten message straight to your recipient’s door!
This service is perfect for if you Mum doesn’t live close by, or maybe you’re just lazy and would rather avoid her…