With the Royal Mail last posting dates for the UK fast approaching, don’t risk the last-minute rush. First, we’ll give you the Christmas posting dates you need, then why not read on for our 12 reasons to get your cards sent early!?
UK Postage Dates
- UK 2nd Class – Wednesday 18th December
- UK 1st Class – Friday 20th December
- UK Tracked 24* – Saturday 21st December
- UK Special Delivery – Monday 23rd December
International Economy Postage Dates
- Australia, Middle and the Far East, New Zealand and all other non-European destinations – Saturday 5th October
- Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, USA – Saturday 12th October
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey – Saturday 2nd November
- Western Europe – Saturday 16th November
International Standard, Tracking & Signature Postage Dates
- Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and South America, Far and the Middle East – Monday 9 December
- Cyprus, Malta – Tuesday 10 December
- Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia) – Wednesday 11 December
- Australia, Greece, New Zealand and Turkey – Thursday 12 December
- Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA – Saturday 14 December
- Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland – Monday 16 December
- Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg – Wednesday 18 December
International HM Forces Postage Dates
- Airmail to Operational HM Forces – Monday 25 November
- Airmail to Static HM Forces – Friday 13 December
For more detail see the Post Office webpage.
We say – why leave things to chance though? Never risk your cards being late – in fact, make sure they get there really early! Here are 12 great reasons why you should consider mailing your Christmas cards earlier this year. (Now, maybe?!)
1. Because you absolutely want them to arrive on time
There’s nothing like leaving things to chance to make an absolute mess of things. Fortunately, there’s still plenty of days left to make sure your cards arrive in time for Christmas but just don’t leave it too late or you may be in for a disappointment.
2. So your friends and relatives can enjoy them sooner
Christmas cards may be just for Christmas but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them for as long as possible throughout the weeks before. Make sure you feature on your friend’s and family’s Christmas card mantelpiece arrangements and Social Media posts for the world to see.
3. So your family overseas don’t have to wait longer than is absolutely necessary
Overseas mail has, in many cases as you can see above, much early posting dates than in the UK.
Although these dates are final dates to arrive in time. We would suggest you send earlier than the suggested dates. We advise this just in case there are any issues in the postal services. (you know what they are like!).
4. Because rushing things can lead to mistakes
Misspellings, crossings out, scrambling to find correct addresses and envelopes that fit can send the most placid of us into a wild panic. You definitely don’t want to be adding stress to your day or getting flustered, so take your time and stay focused this Christmas by planning ahead.
Not all of us have the best handwriting, the best spelling or punctuation. If you want us to write out your Christmas cards for you, make sure you leave your message in the “Personalised message box”. Just make sure the address is correct and it will get to your recipient on time.
5) Because your time is valuable
While Christmas cards may be a priority in your December calendar, we appreciate that there’s going to be a host of other tasks and events to be getting on with and you may find yourself pushed for time. Having another thing checked off your list as early as possible frees you up for other things and keeps your priorities in order.
You don’t want to be rushing around in mid to late December searching for presents & Christmas cards. Post them early so that you can sit in Costa and enjoy your gingerbread latte in peace whilst you watch the unorganised people rush around.
6) So you’ve got one less thing to worry about
The nail-biting worry about your cards arriving on time or at all is simply not worth the anguish. Give yourself peace of mind, and even take advantage of our special handwritten card service, available alongside each card at Creased and we’ll mail the card for you so you don’t have to!
7) Because leaving it late leaves you with less choice on what to send
You know that perfect card you saw for your Mum that you thought you’d come back for tomorrow? Well, the later you leave things to increase the chances that it may already be gone.
If you leave it too late you will certainly miss out on all of our actually funny Christmas cards. You will be left with something plain and boring… And you don’t want that, do you?
You want people to be in awe and how good your choice of Christmas cards have been this year. Don’t let them down! Especially if you are known for giving out good Christmas Cards
You don’t want to be known as that person who always gives the worst and most boring Christmas cards? Get on the scene early and snap up some of our very best designs from a selection of suppliers.
Having to choose a second option is often less than desirable and can be avoided by making the purchase there and then. Why not check out our all-new Christmas card collection now and see if anything tickles your fancy?
A good way to stay updated on the new stuff we have coming in (especially Christmas stuff) would be to sign up to our mailing list! You will get an email immediately when our best Christmas cards will be coming in so that you don’t miss out on anything. Sign up to the Newsletter HERE. If you have signed up already, make sure you keep an eye out for some amazing offers, news and updates about Creased Cards.
8. Because leaving it late could leave you out-of-pocket
With money being put to every resource during the Christmas season with all the extra parties, presents and food to buy, it can be a struggle to manage money around Christmas time. You may wonder what this has to do with Christmas cards though…
The later you leave things the more rushing around you’ll have to do and this can be expensive on both your time and your wallet. Many of the bargains and special deals may have already gone and this is one instance where leaving it to the January sales is of no help at all.
Well considering we will be getting our Christmas cards in early(ish). This means you can buy now so that you don’t’ have to worry about having any spare money for cards nearer to the time.
From late November into December is when most people are out rushing around trying to get everything together for the big day. Buy your Christmas cards early and that’s one less worry on your list and one less long queue to stand in for a small eternity.
That’s without mentioning the higher prices for international delivery that you may have to pay if you leave it too late.
9. Because you want your Christmas cards to arrive with those cool festive stamps
We just love the colourful festive stamps on offer this year, which is why we’ve made sure to stock up as many as we can. However, hurry while stocks last as we can’t promise we’ll be able to order more once they’re gone!
10. Because it helps you organise your time more efficiently
There’s nothing worse than getting into a kerfuffle at Christmas. Don’t be a last-minute Christmas shopper and let us take the pain out of sending your Christmas cards by mailing your Christmas card list for you.
11. So you can congratulate yourself for a job well done
You’re done, its time to put your feet up and have a stiff drink to congratulate yourself on a job well done.
This may sound easier than it actually is… In the run-up to Christmas, there is still a lot to do. You weekend are filled with work Christmas parties, Food shopping, putting up the Christmas tree and that’s adding onto your jobs that already need doing.
Christmas can be a hard period for time management, make sure nothing is forgotten.
12. You’ve got extra time to spend on finding the perfect gift
While mailing Christmas cards in plenty of time is an important priority on anyone’s Christmas checklist, gift shopping now steps to the forefront. By following these 12 steps, you’ll have plenty of time on your hands to find the perfect gift for all. Why not view our Christmas gifts – packed full of fun and exciting items which make great choices for Christmas.
If you are struggling to find the best toys and gifts for you kids this Christmas, check their list. If that is no help or it is sold out. Just google best Christmas presents for kids. We guarantee you will find something to replace it.
View our Christmas gifts and get inspiration on some fun and exciting Christmas gift ideas for all the family today.
Other Christmas blog posts